Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Polar Bears


In SanDiego you can see polar bear at the zoo and SeaWorld.
Polar bears eat seals and other meat. They will also eat people. So beware and watch out!
At the zoo they also eat yams and carrots.
Polar bears can dive and swim in the water.
In the wild they live in the cold arctic. Their fur is hollow like a little straw to keep them warm.
Polar bears have 1-3 babies at one time.  Polar cubs stay with their mom for two years.
Polar bears are big and tall. 

They can weigh more than 1500 pounds.
They have big furry paws and sharp claws to keep them from slipping on the ice.

1 comment:

  1. I love the polar bear picture with you. I didn't realize they were quite so big.
    I miss seeing that smiling face at school:). Be sure and take pictures of the penguins for me, in case I never get to San Diego.

    ReplyDelete